Sunday, May 16, 2010

Saturday -- Classes and Buffet

As said before, Saturday was HOT and HUMID.  I was stuck in the crate all day and even lying in the shade all day was draining.

The BTCA Store did a pretty good business with three new breed books to offer, 1996 that had my old housemate Harry in it, 2004, and 2005 that has ME! 

There are two raffles on going for the 2011 Specialty in Arizona,  One is for a cottage on the grounds where people and dogs can stay for the specialty.  The other is for a 2 hour Pink Jeep Tour for people and stay at a luxury resort (aka Debbie Pomery's house), during the tour, for their dogs if they want to have them stay there.  It sounds like a lot of fun.

After judging there was a BTCA membership meeting and since Free and I were still stuck in our crates right there we got to listen too.  During the meeting it started to rain and thunder and lightning and the HEAT BROKE,  Yay!

After the meeting there was a silent auction when Donna tried to buy me some obedience articles.  There were two sets there, but she kept getting outbidded, so I still have no articles.  ::Growl::  I LIKE that part of obedience and my articles seem to be falling apart.  I need new ones!

Then there was a buffet where the people ate while the dogs had to watch and starve.  It had been at least 2 or 3 hours since I had been given a kibble of food and it smelled really good.

We are really missing Jackie and Richard Kensler.  Such a sad thing to lose such a nice man.

No comments:

Post a Comment